[Ansteorra] DISREGARD--unauthorized use of account

Peter Schorn peterschorn at PDQ.NET
Thu Sep 13 13:09:01 PDT 2012

Please disregard the "send help" message sent in my name.  An unauthorized user seems to have gotten hold of my computer.

Yeah, the whole computer.  I've been sleeping with the windows open because it's been in the 50's here at night (...same to you...) and I woke up yesterday morning to find my laptop missing and the screen on my living room window flapping loose.

Went outside to see if there were any footprints and saw the my Dell lying near the mouth of a culvert on a water-feature that backs up to the property.  Fortunately the case is silver or I'd never have spotted it.

Seems to still work alright, except that the keyboard--man, it's like somebody's been eating sashimi off it or something...

--Cadfan