[Ansteorra] WoA Word Fame

Randy Nicholson r_nicholson at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 10 21:15:26 PDT 2012

War of Ages was such a success in large part due to a very long list of
amazing people that worked so hard.  This event would not have been possible
if it were not for our friends who came together, pulled together, and
achieved another memorable event.

I’m going to apologize now because this list is very long – but there are a
lot of people who deserve to be recognized for their much appreciated
contribution to an amazing event!

This year’s co-autocrat was Lady Julinne de Bri who was there at every turn
to insure that even the smallest things got done.

This year’s Feast Steward, Naudia Villicus, did an outstanding job creating,
designing and orchestrating probably one of the best lunch/dinner menus I’ve
ever seen at an event.

Everything tasted amazing!  Not many may be aware but Naudia has only been
in the SCA a short time.  She’s part of a truly inspiring crowd of new
comers to our group that have, time after time, stepped up and taken charge
here in Ffynnon Gath.  Her kitchen crew included two of our newest members,
less than a year, and for me they define what our Kingdom and what the SCA
is all about.  We are fortunate indeed to have Arnora Sefadottir and
Vilhjálmr Einarsson, along with their daughter Aria and Trina, as part of
our Ffynnon Gath family.  Lady Wentiliana, who also worked at gate, stepped
in to help in the kitchen and the serving tables – thank you so much for
becoming a part of the team!  There were a lot of faces that helped us with
this part of the event and I'm sorry I didn't get each of your names.  But
know that everything you did was greatly appreciated!

Mathias Villicus, Miklos, Ed and crew – thanks for doing all of the
grilling!  Lady Kessaundra Haas – thank you for helping out in so many
different ways!  And thanks again to HL Claire Shayhan for helping to
coordinate and serve Their Majesties and Their Highnesses!

Our gate coordinator, Lady Mirabelis Genevah Zabaneh, who helped to insure
that everyone’s check-in went smooth; I owe a huge debt of gratitude for
taking on this monumental task.  Everyone who volunteered to sit gate – you
guys rock!  I and Julinne greatly appreciate that you did so.

Lady Khadija Bint Amir Al-Rashid – thank you for working with Lady Mirabelis
to insure that the gate ran smoothly.

To Sir Evets, Sir John and Sir Caladin for working with me on the heavy
scenarios as well as helping to marshal on the field.  Miles Gray, Ulrich
von Brixen, Aria (again) and Faolàn MacCairbre – thank you all for sweating
it out that day!

Lord Stefan le Sanglier and HL Geoffrey de Gournay – thank you for agreeing
to play the very vital roles of this year’s principals.  Without each of
you, and your efforts, this event would not have been possible.

Lord Goldweard and Lady Ysabeau – thank you so very much for stepping up
when I needed someone to insure that our fighters would be taken care of.
To all of those who volunteered to help with the water that day – thank you,
thank you, thank you!

To Lady Alice Grovenor – I am so very grateful for your help again this
year.  We love and support the rapier community and your efforts really did
help to insure that our friends in the rapier community could enjoy the
event as well.  I heard nothing but immense praise for the scenarios you
designed and ran – awesome job!  Thank you Don Pieter for coordinating the
C&T class this year.

To those of you in Ffynnon Gath that worked your tails off; Courtney,
Donnchad, Ilariia – thank you for coming together to help make this event
another example of what can be achieved when we set our minds to it.

Thank you Your Majesties and Your Highnesses for supporting our efforts!

To all of our friends that came out this past weekend we are forever
grateful.

In Service to the Dream!

Robert de Bray, CSSA
War of Ages Autocrat