[Ansteorra] Rapier Buckler Question

Josh Handel jhandel at ourtreehouse.org
Wed Sep 12 06:26:41 PDT 2012

This article is great when we are discussing War-shields for large melees (like Gulf) however, I wouldn't advise following this guidance for Tourny Bucklers...

And while it's true that there is no "maximum size" for tourney  we should keep the spirit our game in mind.

To paraphrase the marshalet "Be Reasonable"

Personally I love the previously mentioned guidance on how to build a square target of DiGrassi.  The Prengle buckler is a rock solid buckler style with lots of great period documentation on how to use it and as a bonus it works really really well :-)

Now when it comes to wars, I would HIGHLY suggest you check out Don Dore's guide on how to make a war shield.. Here in Bryn Gwlad our rapier fighting company (Called the Bryn Gwlad Light Brigade) is outfitted with war shields, once trained on them a group using them can do amazing things on a melee field.

~Martin Malone