[Ansteorra] Fwd: [Smythkepe] Cracked Anvil XVII

David Backlin thledrei at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:58:56 PDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------

Greetings to the populace of Gleann Abhann, April 19th through April 21st the Shire of Smythkepe will be hosting the 17th annual Cracked Anvil "The Age of Chivalry" to be held at beautiful Camp Cahinnio in Booneville, Arkansas. (28 Cahinnio Road, Booneville, AR 72927-8246)
We hope that you can attend this awesome event, because we are going to have some amazing tournaments, classes and do not forget the feast. But before I tell you about the event let me get some mundane stuff out of the way.
Service Animals:
Girl Scout rules for bringing service animals on to site states that you must notify the staff (Troll) you have a service animal and provide a copy of Rabies certificate with their vet's name, address and phone number.  This certificate will be sent in with the paperwork needed by the Girl Scouts.  The site rules also state the service animals will not be left unattended at any time. Under the ADA guidelines, service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal's work or the individual's disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls. The animal is on site as a working animal not a pet.
Cabins:
The cabins are primitive.  No electric. We have limited spaces (about 64) and will be given out on a first come first serve based.  There is, however, unlimited camping available and it is supposed to be a wonderful weekend.  There are still spaces available in the cabins at pre-reserve price.

Pricing:
If you get your check post-marked by April 12th the weekend price with feast for adults is only $15.00! Day-trip with feast is only $12.00. Children 6-12 prices by April 12th are weekend $8.00 and day-trip $6.00.  Children under 6 are free!

Prices after April 12th are Weekend Adults $20.00 Day-trip Adults $17.00.  Children 6-12 prices are $13.00 for the weekend and $11.00 Day-trip.  Subtract $5.00 if not eating feast.
Feast is limited to 80 due to hall limitations.

Mail Reservations to:
Shire of Smythkepe
c/o Vernette Turner
6160 West Highway 22
Paris, AR 72855
Make Checks payable to
Shire of Smytkepe / Cracked Anvil

Now on to the fun stuff!
Site opens on Friday, April 19th at 5pm.
Traveler's welfare:
Calico beans,
Cornbread
Tea, water
Cake

Saturday:
7:00am - Breakfast
      Pancakes, sausage, fruit, syrup

9:00am – Armor Inspection for Heavy, Rapiers, and Equestrians Field Set-up

10:00am – Archery Range opens and Equestrian Inspection

10:30am until 5:00pm – Various Tournaments more to come on the tournaments in the next few days

9:00am until 12:00pm – Classes in and around the Feast Hall – Class Schedule to follow

12:00pm – Lunch
Cajun potato soup
         Chicken/Ham salad sandwich
         Broccoli cheese soup
         Karis' Dump cake

1:00pm until 4:00pm – Classes and tournaments resume

3:00pm – Ifor's Slay the Dragon Archery tournament

5:00pm – Court

Feast immediately following Court
First remove:
Fried green beans