[Ansteorra] WEST UPDATES AND INFO

Courtney Anderson kicker5157 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 23:44:34 PDT 2013

FOR THE TRAGIC EVENTS IN WEST THIS EVENING

For the time being there are plenty of emergency and volunteer help in West, but in the coming days we will be needed.
Clothing, personal hygiene items, blankets, pillows, and other basic
supplies are going to be the most useful at first. We will post drop off
 points, items needed and anything else that can be done as soon as we
get the information.
You can stay tuned to the local news and radio stations for updates as well.

Here are updates so far:

To check on injured residents admitted to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center call (254) 202-1100.

Carter Blood Care is asking for blood donation at the local Waco donor
center starting at 9am or at Providence Hospital Blood Drive from 11am -
 5pm.

Red Cross spokeswoman Anita Foster said her group is
working with emergency management officials in the town of West to find a
 safe shelter for residents displaced from their homes.

The Aquilla ISD opened facilities for those seeking refuge. Please report to the gym entrance.

Blair's Cove Apartments in Waco offering housing to any West residents
affected by the explosion at 2425 S. 21st St. (254) 447-0810

Latham Springs Baptist Camp is open to displaced residents at 134 Private Road 223 in Aquilla.

The Abbott gym is open to displaced residents.

Valley mills Nursing Home has rooms available for nursing home
residents if placement is needed for any of the West nursing home
residents. Call 254-932-6288.

The Annex of Lake Shore Drive
Church of Christ (2800 Lake Shore Drive at the top of the big hill) will
 be open immediately for those folks from West. I am asking those from
Lake Shore who can to come and help do and take care of what needs to be
 done. I will be there in about 15 minutes or less.

Collecting
items such as gift cards an just daily living items starting Thursday.
Dustin Terral band will also be playing at Geneva Hall in Elm Mott
Saturday night from 7p to 11p we will be collecting there too. Dustin
cell 254-265-4300 Jenn cell 254-733-3100. We also have room if anyone
needs a place to stay.

La Vega Veterinary Clinic
If you are
 affected by the explosion in West and need somewhere to take your small
 animals tonight please contact us at 254-744-1948 or 254-230-2192.

Penelope school is open right now. Mr Kelley is there and says that he
has lots of help. if anyone need a place to be right now, the school is
open.

Alliance Auto Auction on I-35 south of West, Gholson ISD, Gholson church are open for evacuees.