[Ansteorra] Artisan competition at Queen's Champion

Ysabeau ysabeau.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 06:54:29 PDT 2013

Calling all artisans!

A reminder that the we will be having an Artisan Competition with a twist
at Queen's Champion. The Royal Gift Vault is looking pretty bare these
days. We would like to replenish the vault with gifts from the many artisans in
Ansteorra by holding an Artisan Competition at Queen's Champion in Bryn
Gwlad. We are asking all artisans to contribute items to the vault so our
Royal Family can demonstrate the hospitality and generosity of our fine
kingdom via gift baskets presented to other Crowns at wars (Pennsic is
coming!) or when we have Royals visiting our fine lands.

You may be thinking...What can I make that would make a good gift? Anything
that you would like to receive as a gift is the answer. Many artisans just
participated in the Sable Swap with many wonderful gifts exchanged that can
give you a few ideas. A few other suggestions:

   - Handcrafted pottery
   - Pouches or bags
   - Naturally dyed yarns
   - Sewing kits
   - Jewelry
   - Armor or weapons
   - Painted banners
   - Tablet woven braid or trim
   - Handmade cording
   - Wood items such as benches, stools, folding tables, boxes - finished
   or unfinished
   - Games and gameboards
   - Embroidered trim that can be added to clothing later
   - Anything that you make that people have said "That is cool! I wish I
   had one" or "Could you show me how to make that?"

If you make something that is semi-perishable (like preserves) or would
like to customize something (like with kingdom or personal arms or colors),
IOUs are welcome. We just need a note saying what you can make, what
information you need to complete it, and how long you need to complete it.
You will be contacted with the information prior to Pennsic or Gulf Wars.

To be eligible for the competition, it needs to be a handcrafted item.
Documentation can be on a 3x5 card or a single sheet of paper. However, if
you have other things that you would like to contribute to the Royal Gift
Vault, such as books, fabric, trim, rattan, leather...Queen's Champion is
the place to donate it. We will be collecting everything to refill the
vault.

*Please note, all items entered into the competition, unless presented as
an example for an IOU will be considered to be donations to the Royal Gift
Vault. *

For more information about the event:
http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/QueensSpring2013/

If you have any questions, please contact me at lady dot ysabeau at gmail
dot com.

Thank you!
Ysabeau of Prague