[Ansteorra] It's time for Sable Swap Round 3!

Sara laurelin_kaylee at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 09:18:43 PDT 2013

Greetings to the artisans of Ansteorra,

The time has come for the third round of the Sable Swap!  For those who may not be familiar, the Sable Swap is like a Secret Santa A&S gift exchange.  It's lots of fun, and you get to make and receive Cool Stuff!

Here's how it works:
1) Email sable.swap at gmail.com and ask to be added to the third round.  Do this even if you've participated in previous rounds.  Please put "Sable Swap Round 3" in the subject line to help us keep emails from the different rounds separate.

2) We'll send you a link to a survey where you'll tell us about your SCA life, your persona, and the things you do and like

3) We'll send you someone else's survey results, and someone else will get yours. We'll try to match people from different areas as much as possible.  Try to keep your recipient a secret!  Part of the fun is not knowing who's making what for you.

4) Make a thing and send it to your person by the deadline.  We'll check in with you periodically to see how you're doing, and may also contact you with important questions from your artisan, so make sure to answer our emails as quickly as possible.

5)After your recipient confirms that they've received their item, post pictures (and documentation, if you have it) on the Sable Swap facebook group, or email them to sable.swap at gmail.com for us to upload for you.  Everyone wants to see the cool thing you made!

6)Do a celebratory victory dance with your thing when it arrives. (actual victory dance optional)

The timeline for this round is:
Sign-up: through May 31
Receive your recipient info:  June 3
Last chance to drop out: July 1
Deadline to request a two-week extension (yes, you have to ask): August 1
Deadline to ship your recipient their thing: September 1

Documentation:
At the minimum, just tell your recipient what the thing is, why you chose to make it, something you learned while making it, and how long you've been doing that artform.  Any further documentation is encouraged, but completely optional.

New this round:
Speaking of encouragement, if you post documentation for your project to the Sable Swap facebook group (we'll send you a link in your sign-up email) before the swap deadline, you'll be entered in a drawing to win a bonus thing, which will be made for you by one of this round's organizers.  Non-facebook-users can also get in on this by emailing your documentation to sable.swap at gmail.com.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions, and we hope you'll join us in this round of the Sable Swap!

In service,

The Sable Swap 3rd Round Organizers:
HL Adalia VonderBerg
Mistress Beatrix Alfray