[Ansteorra] Quests (was unusual thistle)

Jasper captain_jasperc at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 20:59:20 PDT 2013

Several years back Citadel of the Southern Pass used to host an event called "Enduro". It was a quest themed event in which teams of questers were formed using a mix of members. The usual was one or two chivalric fighters, one or two rapier fighters, the same for target archers and also kids of all ages. Teams were usually 6-10 people. The Enduro was a set of stages or challenges that could be completed in any order, if you beat the challenge you received a clue, piece of a puzzle or answer to help further your quest. Members of the hosting Barony the Citadel would be the actors or the ones you would challenge. They called it "Enduro" for a reason too...many long trails to be hiked in the mountains of New Mexico, fighting in wooded areas, shooting archery targets concealed by trees and so on. In all of my years I had never had so much fun at an event and looked forward to it every year! They even did a  Army of Darkness themed quest one year...by far
 the one I remember the most. It would be so great if these types of events would make a comeback.

Jasper