[Ansteorra] Best Moments

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Mon Aug 26 23:53:17 PDT 2013

Some of my best moments in the SCA have happened in court.  For example,
seeing a squire become a knight as the herald read his entire linage back
to the first knight of the SCA.   And taking my oath to the Queen for the
first time with the Legion of Swashbucklers, hearing our voices ring out
across the field.

This weekend two of my friends were elevated to the Peerage and those too
should have been best moments.  But from just 30 feet away through a wall a
people we could neither see nor hear what I am sure were beautiful and
meaningful ceremonies.

I wish you will my friends, I just wish I could have celebrated it with you.

Court is for doing things for all to see and hear.  Quiet words and hidden
actions are for a private audience.

IMO, of course.

Christian Doré