[Ansteorra] Newbies

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 22:56:38 PST 2013

Isabeau,
Please give the SCA more chances.
As someone who had never camped before joining the SCA, please let me say that you can find someone in your group who, for some reason can't go to the next camping event & may be willing to loan you their tent. That way you can experience the fun of the event without a large outlay. You will most likely be able to borrow an air-mattress/cot/bed as well, if you don't want to purchase one yet.
Other than garb, bedding, at least one mug & a chair, everything you might need can be borrowed or be communal, such as a camp kitchen to which you may be asked to donate money for supplies &/or time for cooking or cleaning.
A borrowed tent is how I first camped. I think I am the last of my 'House' still camping.

LY Gabriele
The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)