[Ansteorra] Ideas, Newbies and Such

Tega2 montega2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 09:53:17 PST 2013

We can find ourselves digging far too deep into the depths of what to do on such things as finding and retaining new folks. The answer is very simple... Get back to the business of having fun. We all spend a LOT of money on this hobby of ours and there is absolutely no reason to not pack as much FUN into it as possible.

 Gaining new members... Talk. That's it. Talk to people. Retaining them... Keep it fun. That's it. Are you scaring new folk because you are a rules lawyer? Relax. Keep it simple and save the lawyering for serious times like a peer circle or those meetings with your peer.

 We need to go back to the basics of having fun. Have you made a person feel like they will never advance in the SCA if they don't travel? Stop it. Ansteorra is huge and should be thought of as such. New changes in rules to the calendar and other changes will help us to attend more events with the option of near or far.
 So... Relax, remember the anachronism part and as long as the attempt is being made we are all good.

 Did I mention we need to return to the basics of having as much fun as possible? I for one am damned proud to be from Ansteorra and I tell you right now that as long as I am breathing, I'm gonna be having fun!!

Keeping it simple,
Lady Montega Blackdragon
Hospitaler of Northkeep

Sent from my iPhone