[Ansteorra] on leaving the SCA--

Miles Grey Kahn at West-Point.org
Tue Feb 5 13:39:12 PST 2013

On 2/5/2013 2:08 PM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner wrote:
> Our reasons.
>
>> 4.  Mundane obligations and/or gas prices.

Gas prices are a real killer for me.  I'm unemployed.  I can't even
afford to drive up to Northkeep, let alone to Texas events.  When I'm
working, I don't have any problem driving almost anywhere in the
Kingdom, though the frequent travel on my last job prevented me from
attending a lot of events I wanted to attend.

The intrusion of the mundane world has also tarnished the shine that was
the SCA for me in the past.  It really saps the motivation to attend
events, even when the expense isn't a problem.

   Miles Grey