[Ansteorra] nazi no- period yes

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Feb 5 15:19:42 PST 2013

This is where we get bogged down all the time. Someone uses a wrong word and it goes back and forth and everyone is stopped in their track.
You know me and you know I like period magic, but I don't believe in the enchanted land of Duke Cariodoc(misspelled). I like the old Ansteorra way where we would plan areas of Magic around the list field and you could drift to one to another.
We would have a persona tavern with dancers and  performers and areas with lights around it for people to talk and drink with planned persona play going on. This was similar of what the Green Dragon at Gulf War does without the planed persona
. Then across the field we would hold a Bardic Circle and equal distance from that we would have a Court area that became a sitting place for people to enjoy the lights and noise. Dancing in the middle on the list field sometime happened. A
ll these places had lights and you could see the lights from the other places. This led people to walk from one area to the next, meeting people, listening to performance, watching dancing or we would sometime hold games in the middle like capture the flag or clench a wench.  Often people would set up their personal parties on the pathway. If a party had a open front to the list field that meant that it was open and everyone was welcome. People who were welcoming anyone would set up their camps in a U and campsites that didn't want visitors set up in a circle.
We would have ladies pavilions where people behaved in persona and we had planned performances like plays, or readings of romances or theme performance. We also had performances by the list field.
We would have Pools of enchantment that meant you could step in and do your thing and then leave and not be in persona. The period junkies and persona mavens would cluster around these areas and be happy. Those people who needed and wanted something different had their own places just like they do today. We lived in peace.
There was one problem with this system it took organization from the leadership. The difference from a administrator and an organizer is a administrator runs a on going system and an organizer goes out and recruits people, gets them trained and links them with other people. An organizer will not just say "we need an autocrat" and organizer will go and talk to qualified people and recruit one.
willow