[Ansteorra] WTB - Your Ugly Old Gauntlets (Austin area)

Andrew Benton spearweasel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 12:05:45 PST 2013

Mods, if this is considered spam, I apologize.

Do you have a pair of ugly but durable clamshell or mitten style gauntlets, gathering rust and dust in a wallytub in your garage since you got that new shiny set for your upgraded kit? I might wish to buy them from you. I primarily fight spear and polearm, and currently lack good gauntlets. I am on a budget at the moment, but this is the only thing keeping me off the field.... so I'd rather have used gauntlets right now that I know fit me, rather than new ones in 6-8 weeks that might fit me.

I need a pair of clams or mittens - material is unimportant, as long as it is metal of sufficient thickness to protect my fingers, and the thumb is mounted by a rivet rather than a strap... no broken thumbs for me. A few dents and rust is fine, and the finish is utterly unimportant - they will be painted russet and black anyway. Strapping and gloves are nice if they fit, but I'll supply my own if they don't. The cheaper the better, subject to the functionality of the gauntlets.

I will meet you or drive to you to make sure they fit my hands, which are normal sized and equipped with the usual assortment of fingers. Please contact me offlist at this email address, on FB, or by phone if you know me.

Thanks in Advance, And Yes I am Still Alive,

Kansuke of Bryn Gwlad