[Ansteorra] Society for Compulsive Alcoholics?

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:57:05 PST 2013

The wet/dry condition of the site mostly has an impact if there is
overnight accommodation on site. If people have a tent to crawl back
to and don't have to drive home, they are more likely to indulge, and
to refuse attendance if they cannot. It will also come into play if
there are evening festivities planned (feast or dancing after), but it
will be of lesser importance than if there is camping. If the
activities are purely in daylight hours, the impact is severely
lessened as many of us only drink "socially", by which I mean at
dinner time and around the camp-fire, after normal "work day" hours
and wouldn't normally be imbibing in daylight anyway.

As for whether targeting the event would have an impact... is "the
rapier community" a hypothetical example and you haven't actually
decided the focus group, or is it actually "we're planning an event
for the rapier community". If it's the latter, might as well just come
out and say it and get honest responses from that community. If your
focus is a different group or not yet determined, then it might be
best to ask a general "if the event was targeted to an area you were
particularly interested in and had some unique activities offered
would it change your mind?"

~Astridr