[Ansteorra] Guild Wars

Robert Ruiz timurborte at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 11:09:25 PST 2013

“Guild Wars”
You may be asking yourself,
what is a guild war? “Guild Wars” is an Idea for promoting group A&S
through competition. The foundation for this competition is living history. A
group of people will work as a team to recreate a period working shop. The
result would be a live action display of an environment in which a product
would be produced.
You may be asking yourself,
where examples of a living history display could be found? I am putting together
a team which will display our example at of a working shoemaker’s shop at Steppes
warlord 2013. Come out and witness our work in action.
You may now be asking
yourself, where can teams actually complete in Guild Wars? I will be sponsoring
“Guild Wars” at Loctober Fest 2013. This time line is designed to allow ample
amount of time for all to create a display and compete in Guild Wars. Look for
more information to come.
You may be thinking this seems
like a lot of work for one competition. I am planning on making this a reoccurring
competition. This will allow teams to expand and adjust their display for the
next year.

“Guild Wars”competition guide
1. One finished product to be judged on the standard A&S judging form.
2. Item is to be displayed in the setting of a working shop. Tools, furniture,
and partial projects will all add flavor and feel. Think living history. i.e. Armor
piece in a working blacksmith
shop.
3. Display must include people or a person working on guild related project.
i.e. Black smith actively building a knife
4. All clothing should match the time period and culture of the shop.
i.e. A roman, a Mongol, and a Scotsman should not be working in a Chinese boat yard.
5. Documentation is imperative to accurate judging. The more the better, teach
us about the project, the guild setting, laws, etc.
6. Guild is used to describe the group entering as a team. Not any requirement
as to official status or standing.
7. Display will be judged on completeness, scope, functionality. These items will be heavily considered when being judged.
If this has peeked your interest start plotting, I mean planning. Conscript your friends, sorry I meant recruit your friends.
In Service
Timur Borte