[Ansteorra] SCA Awesomeness

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 6 16:45:32 PST 2013

Ealasaid Mac al'Bhaird alias Sandra Geil wrote a lovely story.  Thank
you!

> Another even that year in Yar Vetler (Spelling?)

Barony of Jararvellir, which I've always heard pronounced "yarra
vetler".  Madison, Wisconsin.  A little Googling points out that the
coat of arms has two carp, and a lot of their armory has carp or at
least fish.  Their motto: "carpe carp!"  A message I read:

     On a side note, the old drinking "guild" aound here had a badge
     that was a single stripe across the field with a fish on its back
     beneath it.

     [registered in May of 1984 (via the Middle):
     Purpure, in pale a bar vair and a catfish fesswise inverted Or.
     for the Fermented Guild of Jararvellir]

     For those who can visualize heraldry, it is "Belly up to the Bar!!"

Danihel Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com