[Ansteorra] Bjornsborg's TOURNAMENT OF THE SMITTEN HEART, this weekend in Seguin, TX

Carolle Ternus clternus at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 20 21:18:52 PST 2013

Greetings Ansteorra,

In the Barony of Bjornsborg, in just a few days' time, the Avatars of Love (Baroness Suzanne) and Lust (Baron Philippe) will vie with sword, rapier, bow and art to see who should hold sway over the other.

Check out the website for the event this weekend for site rules, schedule, map, etc.

http://bjornsborg.ansteorra.org/BookofLove/index.html

The weather looks to be pretty good - highs in the 70s and lows in the mid 40s for those of us who are camping.

Remember, for the fighting, there will be rapier, C&T and chivalric, with rapier/C&T alternating rounds with chivalric.  The scenarios are field, bridge and barrier.  Before lunch, it will be individual challenges.  After lunch, it will be snowball melees.  Be sure to bring your donation of something your inspiration would like, to the war chests, but if it 'runs on batteries', leave it at home!

The target archery competition will be presided over by Eros and should be fun.

We're very excited about the A&S entries.  I'm glad to see that there's been quite a bit of interest in both sides of the competition.  REMEMBER, ONLY THOSE GENTLES 18 YEARS AND OLDER WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE LUST AND JEALOUSY PART OF THE COMPETITION.  Bring your ID.

There will be about a dozen Avatars for each side, Love and Lust, who will be present, some on the field of battle and some elsewhere. (Jealousy, Valor, Infatuation, Wrath and more - I'll be Evil Gossips, so come sit by me at the A&S competition tent!)  Judgement will preside over the fighting, and Chance will be present to influence everything that goes on with a throw of the dice.

(By the way, would anyone happen to have the old Compleat Anachronist that got pulled, the one on Medieval Pornography?  If you do, could you bring it to the event?)

A wonderful luncheon for 75 will be sold, and dinner will be potluck.

I look forward to seeing many of you this Saturday.

Radegundis
co-steward (competitions/scenarios)