[Ansteorra] Thank you's for the Tournament of the Smitten Heart

Carolle Ternus clternus at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 26 15:46:34 PST 2013

Thank you from Radegundis Turonensis, Co-Steward (competitions/scenarios) of The Tournament of the Smitten Heart

My deep and most heartfelt thanks go to everyone who has participated in this event - every person who hung a banner, sat gate, came to the event planning meetings, attended the event as our guest, everyone.

Very special thanks to Philippe and Suzanne, our Baron and Baroness, for embracing the project and for performing amazingly as the Avatars of Love and Lust.  Also, thanks to Suzanne for coming up with the name of the event.

My foremost thanks go to Lady Elspeth.  While the event was my idea, she handled the logistics sides of things, enabling me to handle the competitions and scenarios.  Without her, I would have been considerably more stressed out, and it would not been nearly as good of an event.

Special thanks go to the folks who headed up departments:

And in no particular order:
Thank you to Mariana and her helpers for an incredible lunch.

Thank you to Adelaide and her helpers for a smooth-running gate.  Thanks to Katerine for acting as Godwyn's deputy so that he could be Judgement during the competitions.

Thank you to Lantani and all the people who sewed and painted banners, baldrics and who helped decorate the site.

Thank you to Briathel for putting up signs and acting as aide de camp to Elspeth and myself.

Thank you to Mihil, Oksana and their helpers for making the clay targets and setting up the awesome archery competiton.

Thank you to Samantha for handling the list mistressing part of the early rounds of the snowball melees.

Thank you to Mihil for the making of the amazing site and feast tokens.

Thank you to the heralds who made announcements, who spoke on behalf of Love and Lust and who participated with court.

Thank you to Elisava and her helpers for setting up and participating in court.

Thank you to Sigismund and Wilhelmina and their marshals for ensuring that their particular martial disciplines ran smoothly.  Thanks to the Cut and Thrust marshals who enabled us to have C&T as part of the event.  Wilhelmina also did a splendid job of keeping everyone in the know and heading up the marshalling classes.

Thank you to Bertha, who had to bow out, and to Elisabeth for handling the potluck supper.

Thank you to Tangwystl and to Elisava for web page design and updating.

Thank you to Philippe for transporting the trailer, and to Donal and his helpers for a smooth set up and take down.

Thank you to Maya and her helpers for waterbearing.

Thank you to those who donated and made prizes.

Thank you to all the Avatars for helping to make the atmosphere of the event more fun.

Thank you to the artisans who embraced the categories of Love and Lust, and to the fighters and archers for their participation as well.

Thank you to Godwyn, who (surprisingly) did not even threaten to divorce me during the lead up to the event, the actual event, and the aftermath.  You did a wonderful job helping out everywhere, heralding and acting as Judgement, and doing everything else that needed doing.

Thank you to the many newcomers who attended and who helped out.  Welcome!

And thank you to our guests for attending and hopefully enjoying our fun with us.  It was a wonderful event.

Very Sincerely Yours
Radegundis Turonensis
(Radegund of Tours)
Co-Steward, Tournament of the Smitten Heart