[Ansteorra] John the Plain

Shanahan ms_shanahan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 23:55:45 PST 2013

In the Olden Days, when folks were many fewer, it was the custom to announce all
the attendees of any event to whoever ranked the Highest.  At Sir John's first
event, he was asked his name to which he replied "John... just plain John".  So
he was announced as "John the Plain" and the name stuck.

Shanahan the Fey
(one of the original Nine Founders of Stargate)