[Ansteorra] ideas... long

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:56:01 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 12:55 PM 1/30/2013, you wrote:
>

>> All that being said, I *do* agree that we could stand to cut down on the
> modern elements. Go easy on updating every single thing at an event or in
> court to Twitter and Facebook as soon as it happens (or at least do it out
> of the public view) cover your coolers, put your drinks in period
> containers, if you're using a modern camping chair, cover it, as well. But
> y'know, most of those suggestions were being made twenty or thirty years
> ago, too.
>
>         -Tivar Moondragon
>         Fossil-in-residence

And cue the "But you can't tell me how to play in the SCA/Quit harshing MY
DREAM, man!" chorus... (Not here, necessarily, but holy smokes if you bring
the topic of encroaching mundania up else-Internets, you will be goring
someone's ox.  An ox from AS IV, probably...)

Helene
(Please don't make me drag out the Period N*** soapbox again...)
--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant series