[Ansteorra] Non-Combat Classes at Southern Regional War College

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jan 24 08:37:41 PST 2013

David Brown:

Alianorra wrote:
> I was under the impression it included the safety rules of the field
> for those who are non combatants. Ie waterbearers and chrirugeons. I
> have it on my authorization card from years past.

The "Complete Participant's Handbook" at
http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook/CurrentCPH.pdf has section 7,
p. 35:

"Unarmored Non Contact Participants are personnel who are on the field
of combat in support roles. Examples are Waterbearers, Heralds,
Chirurgeons, Banner Bearers, and other Non-Combatants: They are
governed by the following rules."  No armor, no weapons, can't even
glean weapons, there can be non-combat areas designated where some
have to stay.

In the little searching I've done, I don't see any more info, like how
to authorize, who can authorize, et cetera.  I hope someone
authoritative can explain.

Since it says "Examples" instead of "limited to", I wonder if I can
become the first authorized Camp Follower ...

Daniel "Only if it's 'Non Contact'?!  What's the use of that?!"
de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com