[Ansteorra] Trends in Ansteorran Activity

Scott Fridenberg fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:40:01 PST 2013

The presentation was interesting.  It happened to coincide with a revel we
were having, and provoked a lot of discussion.

One thing that struck me was that while overall event attendance
is trending downwards, the average attendance at events remained steady.
 This suggests the possibility that the various efforts over the years to
limit the number of events happening on the same weekend, rather than being
the solution to a problem, might, in fact, be a cause of some our problems.
 It does not appear that limiting the number of events on the calendar has
resulted in increased attendance at the events that are happening.    It
may be that having more and closer events to choose from may result in
greater overall attendance, without decreasing the attendance at the other
events happening on the same weekend.

Robert Fitzmorgan