[Ansteorra] Avarice, Pride, and the odds for Crown

Peter Holland pholland64 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 16:38:44 PDT 2013

Good Sir Dieterich
Here is hoping you are well.
Please convey to your fine tailor my wish for a profitable weekend.
Sadly I am without ready coin or I would have sought his advise onto whom
to side in the coming contest.   Well, it is my loss.   May the gods of
fortune shine upon him.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Casey Weed <seoseaweed at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has come to my attention that Hanse has solicited the expertise of some
> unknowing gentles connected with the fighting community in order to help
> facilitate his distasteful gambling operation and oddsmaking for the
> upcoming Crown Tournament.
>
> Please do not be gulled by the greasy Dutchman.  You may be able to better
> your favorite fighters odds *by offering up salacious information about the
> entrants and their current fighting abilities* but is it worth the damage
> to your reputation or your eternal soul?  To be forever linked to a
> scurrilous sausage-swilling cad so easily swayed by gold and power just to
> boost your own fame?
>
> Avarice and Pride are the pillars of gambling, fellow Ansteorrans... no
> good can come of them.  *Fighters: whatever you do, do NOT send
> correspondence to seoseaweed AT geemale with commentary on fighting styles,
> fitness, injury reports, humorous anecdotes, quips, barbs, or other
> harmless amusements with a subject line of CROWN ODDS.*
>
> Sir Dieterich

We must be born with an intuition of mortality…out we come blooded and
squalling with the knowledge that all the points of the compass there is
only one direction, and time is its measure.    Tom Stoppard