[Ansteorra] Photo Selection

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Jul 14 14:11:47 PDT 2013

The SCA Media officer has asked that photographers with pictures of SCA events select some of their favorites and post them to a known spot (such as a special repository in Flickr). I would like to do that, but with nearly 60,000 pictures online, selection is a bit daunting.

I've come up with a process that would meet my desire for more comments on photos and let the people of the SCA select most of the pictures. Between now and the end of August, I would ask that people who like one or more photos of ours to make a comment on those pictures. Each comment will be considered one vote for that picture and the 1,000 pictures with the most votes will go in the special collection along with a few that I might like that were not selected. I'll use a program using the Flickr APIs to collect the stats. I suspect I'll only allow one vote per person, but I'm not sure yet.

I'll look at the comments on the top ones so don't put in "comment" or "kdkdkd". Say why you like the photo or just identify the people in it.

The pictures are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rthrelkeld/sets .  You may need to have a flickr account to leave comments, but they are free for the lowest level account.

Feel free to share with other lists and other kingdoms. The ones of Wars have many distant people in them and many distant people may want to view people local to us.

In service,

Caelin on Andrede