[Ansteorra] Question in general

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Jul 19 23:13:36 PDT 2013

I just gotta single this bit out, and no, I'm not meaning to pick on you,
Arthur. :)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Ld.blackmoon <ld.blackmoon at cox.net> wrote:
>[...lots of work...]but no pelican has deemed me to be worthy of  an
invite to become their student...

Now, recall that I was never protegé-d to anyone myself, so I may have this
wrong, but... I don't think that's how a peer-student relationship should
work. I mean, yes, peers should be out searching the bushes for people to
mentor or what have you, but at the same time people should NOT sit around
waiting for that magical peer to come along and ask to take them on as an
apprentice/squire/protegé. If you think about the mundane world, with
trades that still have masters and apprentices, the would-be apprentice
approaches the master and asks to become their student, not the other way
around! That's a big part of showing that you are really interested in
whatever that person may have to teach you.

And there are plenty of us who, for one reason or another, didn't or don't
choose to become associates with a peer, for a variety of reasons. I do NOT
think it is, or ever should be, a requirement to obtain a peerage.

-Emma