[Ansteorra] Wanting to move to Austin

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 14:46:38 PDT 2013

When I went to UT many years ago, Austin used to be more moderately priced.
But, with  the I-35 Texas Silicon businesses started to grow, as in Dell and tech others, the cost of housing/living rose as Austin and area became more popular.

Most college town areas will have bike pathways in the main roads to accomodate the student community, but not when you move further out of the immediate college area; tho Austin may have a few more bike trails than some towns.   Also, they have a fairly active bus system for students, if it's still operating, from the various apartment areas, to-from the campus.

Last I heard you were in San Antonio area at school, so if you are planning to head to Austin for school at UT or one of the other campus' in the area, you may do alright near the campus for bike trails.
Generally, in Texas, one really has to have a car; public transport is usually limited to bus.

Good luck, Hillary