[Ansteorra] Recruitment and Retention

Kingdom Hospitaler kingdom at hospitaler.ansteorra.org
Mon Jun 17 14:25:50 PDT 2013

Greetings from the Kingdom Hospitaler!

I would like to address some concerns that I have seen in multiple SCA
forums, (not just in Ansteorra), regarding recruiting, retention, and
social media.
First of all, there seems to be a misconception that the SCA is not, or has
not been recruiting newcomers.

This statement is incorrect. Ansteorrans recruit all of the time,
everywhere. Whenever you are talking about something in our group to a
non-member, whether it be your art, your fighting, or that cool event you
went to last weekend,you are recruiting. Currently, the Kingdom is ramping
up the advertisement portion of recruiting, but our most successful tool in
recruiting has always been, and will continue to be, our members who go out
and about and speak positively about the SCA, and what we have to offer. .

Regarding social media, please remember that when you are on a public forum
such as this list, or Facebook, that speaking negatively about events,
regulations, or any other aspects of the SCA will only do us damage and
harm our efforts. We need to all remember that our words and actions
regarding the SCA, whether online or in person, matter We are currently
enjoying a *Large* influx of newcomers across the Kingdom, and I am
charging each and every member of this Kingdom to act as a hospitaler and
help to mentor these folks so that they are able to integrate and
participate as soon as possible. Want to help with retention? Be nice, be
helpful, let those who are interested in how the offices and events work,
let them "shadow" you and help out. Nothing will make a person feel more
welcome than allowing them to be involved in what we do. Be friendly. Be
kind. Be *positive*
Thank you  for all that you do to make Ansteorra the Shining Star that she
is.

Your servant,

Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud

Kingdom Hospitaler