[Ansteorra] Artisans of the Fort and Raven's Tourney--a gimmick to integrate A&S with martial

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 06:19:50 PDT 2013

Well, bards are usually half in their cups anyway so a brewed bardic is
best. I now have a picture of myself staggering about, singing like a lark,
wildly swinging about with a rapier. Oh the carnage! Tatters everywhere!

Tina
Whose real name is Augustina Johanna Elizabetta Michaela da San Germano,
God bless you!

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Miles Grey <Kahn at west-point.org> wrote:

> Perhaps groups of brewers should bring their brewing equipment to the
> event and set about brewing a batch of beer while the rapier fighters
> defend them from being pillaged.  Whoever has possession of the brewing
> equipment at the end of the tourney gets half beer produced to be delivered
> once the beer is bottled and conditioned.
>
> Of course, it will take 4-6 hours to mash, sparge, boil, and cool an
> all-grain batch of beer.  That would be a long tourney, so some creative
> ideas would be needed.
>
>   Miles Grey
>

> On 6/24/2013 7:55 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> Here's an interesting idea. Well, how about Brewing and Bardic?
>> Brewng-Bardng-art (14K) 5/23/08 "Brewing and Barding" by THL Thomas
>> Whitehart.
>> http://www.florilegium.org/**files/PERFORMANCE-ARTS/Brewng-**
>> Bardng-art.html<http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERFORMANCE-ARTS/Brewng-Bardng-art.html>

Any day above ground is a good day!