[Ansteorra] Kindling for Gold at Gulf Wars

Caiterina O'Hara moc at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Fri Mar 1 06:01:53 PST 2013

Greetings everyone!

First, HL Willoc mac Muiredaig will be running fires every day in
Artisan's Row. This requires a ton of "small wood" - which cannot be
bought.  She especially needs it Monday morning thru Thursday morning.
So she is again offering the "Kindling for Gold" opportunity to the
children & youth. From HL Willoc:

'I give them a Gold dollar for each armload. (Armload: Hold out your
arms, bent at the elbow.  Fill them up to your nose with crackling-dry
sticks & twigs. And yes, I accept that a 5-year-old carries less than a
teen - but the effort is the same.  I pay for effort, not size of load.)
If I think someone is skimping me, I pay in silver (still a dollar
<grin>), not gold.
I understand that some of the merchants also offer specials for
"Kindling Gold".'

This is yet another opportunity for our youth. Yay! Just remember to
gather only the wood that is already on the ground. We are not allowed
to take limbs off trees.

Cait