[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars food merchant Menus

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Fri Mar 1 08:53:38 PST 2013

In the future I would really like to see a "Mongolian Grill" style food
vendor at GW.  The huge advantage of this style of food is that you pick
exactly what goes on your plate so if you are vegitarian/vegan, if you have
issues with onions or msg, or if you can't stand broccoli in any form, you
don't put those things on your plate.  I absolutely would visit this vendor
at least twice during the week. Currently I avoid all the food vendors
because I do not know EXACTLY what they put in their food, and my dietary
restrictions are too complex to easily explain to a vendor.

This won't be a solution for the extremely sensitive such as those who stop
breathing if they get a drop of peanut oil, the person who gets hives if
their food is cooked on the same grill with seafood, or the true Celiac for
whom even a particle of soy or wheat would make them ill.  These people's
issues are very real but I don't see an easy solution for them.

This might require thinking outside the box, like going to a commercial
vendor rather than an SCA related food merchant. I know some Mongolian
Grill type operations have mobile catering setups so perhaps we could pitch
it to them as an idea to come vend at GW.  I suspect they would do brisk
business.

Christian Doré