[Ansteorra] Food Vendors, menus & Ingredients

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 1 12:48:22 PST 2013

I could say the same because I keep Kosher, but rather than encumber food
merchants with having to deal with such thing for a realitively few of us, be it
allergies, personal preferences or religious reasons, that is why I provide my
own food.  That way, I know I can eat it,  know that I will like it & maybe
bring enough to share with friends and thereby introduce them to something new.
But never would I expect a camp food consortium, muchelss a large-quantity food
vendor to make such accomodations.  If you have ever been involved with quantity
cooking and mass production, especially form the mundane side of things, you
will see what I mean. The logistics of it becomes far more trouble than it is
worth. While it would be nice, it just truly isn't practical. However,
ingriedient lists could be posted.  It would help in the decisions for eating
vs. not.  My problem is cross-contamination, so I just don't.

 Jalali of Salamis, who has managed to get folk to try Gefelte fish and ask for
more...

Message: 11