[Ansteorra] Food Vendors, menus & Ingredients

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Mar 1 17:56:11 PST 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013, James Crouchet <james at crouchet.com> wrote:
> Danihel, I agree that what I said makes no sense if I was addressing
> the line you quoted. But I wasn't.  I was addressing this line:
>
> > but rather than encumber food merchants with having to deal with
> > such thing for a realitively few of us,
>
> True, I did not specify that but, as you pointed out, my comments
> make no sense if applied to the cross contamination issue.  I
> suppose I just assumed that most people would apply what I said to
> the part where it does make sense.  I now see the error in that.
> <sigh>

I have seen many cases in net discussions of people ignoring other
people's points and making senseless replies.  I think it not
unwarranted to assume that, if several points have been ignored, that
those points were accidentally overlooked or being deliberately
unaddressed, and so I think it reasonable to address them nonetheless.

I suggest, when someone is replying to a message with several points,
that they trim the quoted text to just the points that they're
replying to, or summarize just what they are responding to.

Danyell Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com