[Ansteorra] A blast from the past

Patrick R tex_yankee2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 24 09:25:27 PDT 2013

Sadly it appears that I have joined the SCA too late to be a
part of or remember the days of mischief. I realize people get older, a little
grayer (unless you vain like me then only your stylist knows for sure), go off
and have children and suddenly they think they have to be responsible. Sadly
there is a problem here, in your attempt to be grown old and responsible you
have neglected part of your responsibility as well lets call you the elders in
the SCA. You have neglected your responsibility to pass along your mischievous
ways to those younger (or old and new to the SCA) who can carry on your
tradition. The most fun I had in the SCA was also the most stupid thing we did.
One night camping going around getting people to sing and drink our kick ass
gloey drink out of a milk jug. SO I beseech you now older and more responsible
former mischief makers to please take your responsibility seriously and pass on
your knowledge to the new younger people.

Dante