[Ansteorra] GW 2013 Attendance

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:46:55 PDT 2013

Seems like a good majority of the week at least some area of the camp had
either very low water pressure or no water at all. The times I trudged from
Ansteorra camp to the spiffy shower trailer first thing in the AM, figuring
I would beat the rush, only to find there was  only a trickle of cold
water. The very humorous lady who had preceded me into the trailer
suggested I might be able to get a better showering experience by standing
under the condensation on the ceiling of the shower house, at least then I
might get wet. Someone told me that the water was being turned of at the
valve, I do not know if that is true or why they would do such a thing,
because that meant that there was no water for cooking, drinking, bathing
or flushing the flushies, which got truly gross.

 And as for water to drink, unless you purchased it from the vendor at the
ranch store, it was unavailable at any other food merchant. By the time I
lugged me and my Tudor Barbie gear to the nearest place to get a cold drink
of water (or even a warm one) I was pretty unhappy and way past dehydrated.
And way past pissed off.

Tina
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> I've heard almost nothing about the "daily life", i.e.: non-battle and
> award things at this last Gulf Wars which we were unable to attend.
>
> So what is this about a "hit or miss water situation"? I'm assuming this
> didn't have anything to do with rain. :-)
>
> Thanks,
>   Stefan
>
> On Mar 18, 2013, at 9:57 PM, Tina Michael <tinabetta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > With the hit or miss water situation it was probably a good thing there
> > weren't more people on site. Ouch!
> >
> > Tina
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> While stopping by the GW Exchequer trailer, there was a flyer on the
> door
> >> with the daily attendance count.
> >> As of end of war on Saturday, attendance numbers were at:    3384
> persons.
> >> (may not be an official final count)
> >>
> >> Vivat!   Hillary
>
> --------