[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars unpacking

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:23:43 PDT 2013

At 09:24 AM 3/20/2013, you wrote:

>Tivar:
>>It could be worse. At the first Ansteorra-Outlands War, a lady was
>>walking across the field and discovered a rattlesnake. This was in
>>the middle of the main battlefield just *after* we'd finished
>>fighting for the day, which means the snake had probably been hiding
>>in a hole out there all day.
>
>So what was the problem?  A not totally stupid snake, refusing to
>cause any trouble for several hundred stompy mammalian predators that
>each outweigh it roughly 100 to 1 and have some protection of the only
>places it can hurt.  Rather like one of us seeing one morning that
>carnivorous dinosaurs with armored legs had invaded your lawn, and
>deciding that today's a good day to stay home very quietly and
>unobtrusively rather than cause anyone any trouble.

In this particular case, the snake decided to come out and see if the
area was all clear just before an ophidiophobic drama-queen walked
past. The resulting histrionics were rather spectacular. Fortunately,
a couple of snake-savvy guys caught the snake and took it across the
road well away from the fighting and camping area before releasing it.

         -Tivar Moondragon