[Ansteorra] Queens Backup plan

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Wed May 8 06:45:47 PDT 2013

Some of you have been asking about what we plan to do if it rains at
Queens.  Yes, we thought of that and have a backup plan.

Of course, it depends on what "rain" means.  That could be anything from a
sprinkle to a downpour. According to the weather service Saturday has a 30%
chance of scattered storms.  We will have a more accurate idea of what may
happen in a day or two.

If it is a little light or medium rain, we may be able to wait it out.  If
the rain is more serious we will move the fighting to a large 40x40
pavilion that is on site. That's not enough room for fighting, equipment,
and spectators, so we will also bring up some pavilions and put them next
to the big tent so people have a place to sit and watch, rest between
bouts., and to stow their gear.

Hopefully we can make this call before we begin but if we do need to make a
move once the tourney is started, we will need your help to do it.

We will also be putting up some white garage pavilions in the tavern area,
so the tavern should be available in the evenings rain or not.

So, come on out and enjoy Queen's Champion; we got this.

Christian Doré, Steward