[Ansteorra] ADVERTISING WORKS!!!!!!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 6 09:49:31 PDT 2013

On May 6, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Barone Orlando Di Gilead <orlando at agilejedi.com> wrote:

> Great tidings Your Majesty! On a side note about advertising, we had at
> least one newcomer this weekend (at Beltane) who learned about us from an
> article in Maxim magazine. It's amazing how traditional media still works
> :-)
>
> HE Orlando

From reports on other SCA mail lists, that Maxim magazine article would seem to not be a good one for the SCA from a PR standpoint. I'm happy to see that, for at least one individual, it did help us.

Stefan

=========================
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:43:02 -0400
From: Siegfried <siegfried at crossbows.biz>
To: Merry Rose <Atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
Subject: [MR] Maxim Magazine

So it appears that the SCA got a full feature length writeup in Maxim
Magazine, with big photographs/etc.

It's not in a good light.

The title of the article is "Game of ... Dorks".

And they lambast the fact that we are sitting around drinking Monster
Energy drinks, and have Cobra Commander stickers on our helms. (I'll
note that it wasn't an Atlantian Event, with our appearance laws.
Therefore, the pictures show a lot of people in rather modern looking
equipment on the field)

Just thought folks might want to know, since I hadn't heard it mentioned
here yet.

Siegfried
--
Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

Several more messages on this topic and others, will eventually end up in the Florilegium SCA-in-print-msg file.
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris