[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord XL Brewer & Vintner Competition 2013:

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 12 18:03:07 PDT 2013

>From the Steppes Loose Association of Brewers (SLAB)

Greetings all,

Time draws near when friends from all over our Kingdom
journey into central region to join in the contests and celebration
of our Steppes Warlord Champions.  In honor of the occasion
and with the support of our gracious Lord & Lady Steppes our
brewers non-guild the Steppes Loose Association of Brewers
plans to hold a "Judge's Choice" Brewer & Vintner Competition
early in the afternoon of Sunday May 26th during our Steppes
Warlord XL event.

Bring your favorite & best libation to tempt our judges to chose
as this year's winning entry at our Judge's Choice Competition!

Documentation, period & original recipes and presentation are
always a plus, however not required.  Bottled or kegged entries
are both OK, however if kegged you must provide your own
dispensing equipment.  Ice chests shall be available should your
bottled entries require cooling or you may provide your own.  Be
sure to mark your entries (and any equipment) with labels that
shall not be lost once soaked.

Location shall be near the north fence entry to the hall parking lot.
Entries may be brought to the judging area for set up at 2PM in
the afternoon to be followed by the judging at 3PM (SCA time of
course).

This year time permitting our Lord Steppes has agreed to assist
with our judging and to award a special prize to the maker of his
favorite entry.  Two ways to win you can hardly beat that!

Pray check gate for any last minute changes to our schedule.
The winner of our competition shall be announced during Sunday
evening court.

Please note, those entering are not required to be present to
answer questions during the judging but it couldn't hurt.  This
should go without saying however we must, no commercial kit
entries please!  We are judging the entries upon your work not
someone else's.

Please remember, drinking allowed on site in period containers
only!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon called "Ironwyrm"
Moderator for the SLAB