[Ansteorra] Won't Be At Stepps Warlord

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 16:03:33 PDT 2013

Alina, The City of Canton makes the rules for what is allowed, and what is not allowed in the hall. I find it rather presumptuous that you believe that the "physical health and safety of dogs is not even, more importantly, even considered." I have been part of the autocrat team for Steppes Warlord at least twice, and have been attending Warlord for all of the 11 Mays that I have been in Ansteorra. This rule has been on the books all that time. In the past, it might have been overlooked a few times, but it has been abused to the point where we really cannot look the other way at all, anymore.  The physical health of our pets is considered very carefully, by all of us who have ever autocrated the event and have pets....and most of us do. We consider very, very carefully, and then we either provide them with cooling in our camps with plenty of shade and water, and perhaps an air conditioner in our tents, or we leave them at home, where they can be watched and cared for by friends, family, or professionals. I have boarded my dogs, or left them with family. We have been giving consideration to bringing our dog this year, but likely will chose to leave her with family again. If we do bring her, she will have a small pool to keep cool in, lots of cool water to drink, and will be kept in the shade with us. That being said, the two of us do have responsibilities at the event that will probably require that we leave our sweet Diva at home. While we would love to have you at Steppes Warlord, with or without your dog, you must make your own choices, but please do not presume that the autocratic team is unfeeling or uncaring about dogs. I know for a fact that that at least half of the autocratic team for this year's event does have dogs, as do the Baron and Baroness, and they all love and care for ALL animals very much, and would never harm them.  Regards, Lyneya de Grey

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich