[Ansteorra] Fwd: [CALONTIR] Propane

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.com
Mon May 13 00:15:16 PDT 2013

 Nothing new there.  The exchange places have apparently never sold a full 19.7 lbs of propane.That's how they make a profit.  If they sold 19.7 lbs for the same price as having your tank refilled,they would lose money  due to the expenses involved in running the exchange service.Then the price of bulk propane went up.  To hold the same exchange price, they put in less propane.Not any different than the $1 candy bar getting smaller and smaller.Many advertise how much the tank is filled with.  Mostly, that is honest.  But lift and shake the new tank to make sure it weighs about what it should.  Mistakes happen, valves leak, let the buyer beware. Either get your tanks refilled, or pay for the convenience of the exchange service.If you go with the exchange service, and can manage it, always have one more tank than you thinkyou need, and never exchange a partially full tank.  No sense giving them back propane that they will turn around and resell to the next customer. David Gallowglass ---------- Original Message ----------