[Ansteorra] Won't Be At Stepps Warlord

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:36:23 PDT 2013

Alina,
There are plenty of events where there is no hall at all. I am unaccustomed
to there being air conditioning available at a camping event, so I found it
to be a pleasant perk. And as for feeling like dogs are being discriminated
against... are you accustomed to them being allowed everywhere? My
experience travelling with non-service animals is that it is unusual for
them to be allowed most places. When I moved to Austin I was pleasantly
surprised to find they were allowed on patios at some restaurants. Where I
lived previously, if there was a "food festival" in a public space (like a
taco truck in a park) then dogs were not allowed to be there! Yup, not
off-leash dogs, not certain breeds of dogs ALL DOGS, not allowed because
there was food within 100 yards. There was even a public park in that town
where dogs were only allowed a SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR for a fundraising
thing. A whole public park, OUTDOORS off-limits. I'm pretty sure you would
be hard pressed to find a hall that WOULD allow non-service animals. And if
that is a priority for you, maybe you should volunteer to assist in
locating such a facility. I would put forth that maybe your expectations of
accommodations for your furry friends are a little unrealistic.

If you can't afford boarding, try to work out arrangements with friends or
neighbors. We take care of our next door neighbor's pets when they go away,
and they drop in once a day to feed the dogs when we're gone. We have a dog
door so other than food and water, they can take care of themselves.
Incidentally, we did bring them to Warlord 4 years ago. They were hot but
they survived. They actually seemed to be in a lot less distress than 8
months pregnant me. We just kept them wet. You could consider bringing a
kiddie pool and setting them up in a shady area and taking turns staying
there with them.

~Astridr