[Ansteorra] Bardic at Steppes

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon May 20 13:49:06 PDT 2013

Milady,

I do not know where it was posted, but here are some of the skinny on
Steppes bardic:

The bardic competition will be held under the baronial pavilion, about
30-45 minutes after evening court.

Regarding the format, here are the notes I wrote up:

After much consideration, here are Our thoughts for the format of Steppes
Bardic Championship:

We wish above all to present a welcome to bards of all skill levels to come
and perform, without pressure or worry. We want this to be a circle of
sharing, with less of a focus on the competition. Therefore, what We
propose is that all may enter, no theme is mandatory, no documentation is
required. Those who wish to perform without being considered for the title
of Steppes Bard are welcome to join and bring their words and music for the
pleasure of all. Those who *do* wish to compete should let Us know before
the start of the circle. There will even be a sign up sheet at gate. There
will be three rounds for those that wish to perform a full three rounds,
but all who enter may choose to do less. The champion may be chosen from a
single performance, if that performance is such that it captures in Our
hearts what We feel is the essence of the Steppes bard.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Duncan Hepburn
Baron of the Steppes