[Ansteorra] Achievements Discussion at BAM

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 13:37:58 PST 2013

Greetings Ansteorra!

At Coronation, our Star Principal Herald, Andrewe Bawldwyn, hosted a discussion about our current registration process for achievements of arms in order to get feedback on an open proposal to modify the system. I will be hosting a second such meeting at the upcoming War of the Rams in Bordermarch so that members of the populace have an additional opportunity to learn about the proposal and provide feedback.

This meeting is NOT just for heralds! In fact, because the proposed changes will impact the achievement elements that members of the populace can register, everyone is affected, regardless of whether you have an AoA or are a member of the Peerage or Nobility. So, everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend, learn, and provide feedback.

The discussion will be held at 3:00 pm on Saturday under the BFT. This activity is not listed in the site booklet, but you can find it listed on the Saturday schedule on the website.

Herr Andreas von Meissen, Rowel Pursuivant, has completed an analysis of period practices, as well as the practices of the Known World, and suggested some possible changes for consideration. You can read Herr Andreas' analysis at:

http://heraldry.sca.org/kwhss/2013/#Achievments

It is the desire of the office of Star Principal Herald to collect feedback on these proposed changes and to gather possible
alternatives from the populace.

If you are not familiar with the current process, you can find more information at the following links:

http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/achievements.php
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/achievement_texts.pdf

See you at Bordermarch!

In service,