[Ansteorra] Estrella War Promotions

Promotions Officer promotions at estrellawar.org
Wed Nov 20 16:40:03 PST 2013

*Hail to gentles from far and near**…as Estrella War XXX approaches,
Atenveldt warmly greets you, and bids you welcome here!*

In the lands of the desert flower, stars brilliantly shining in the evening
sky, the fires of war are kindled and Kings of the Known World are coming
together again to this historic Estrella War, which in decades, numbers
three.

The company of the Fellowship shall number nineteen, spanning from the far
famed kingdom of Drachenwald to the heroic Lochac. Fearless and
high-hearted, with their Heralds crying, banners snapping, they shall take
the field. Let the horns cry and set forth the strength of your warrior’s
hearts. You have come and are here well met here in Atenveldt.

Each Crown calls forth warriors of broadsword and
schlager<http://new.estrellawar.org/combat/heavy-armored/>,
each one in the fullness of their strength, to arise now and meet the
peril! Three days shall ye clash upon the fields of Estrella.
Shield-Maidens, show your hands ungentle and strong upon your weapons.
Archers give cause for the field to fear the whistle and whine of your
shafts, keen eyes skip not a target.

Even the mightiest warriors pursue gentler pastimes; noble minds and eyes
can look no further than Town Square<http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/>,
filled with shopkeepers <http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/merchants/>,
troubadours, games, tournaments and artisans displaying their craft.

When the tempest of war has cooled, and every shaft shot and all warily
walked from fields, we shall have wholesome peace laid upon the land and
fellowship as it the Kings command. Upon the close of battle, and in years
to come, well spent warriors freed from command and those bonded in chain,
belt and spur shall gather to revel and take feast from the board. They
shall slap thigh and backs and boast of shields shattered and helms
crumpled and say “Knowest I was there…”

*KNOWN WORLD November 20, 2013 Estrella War Announcement Digest *(Please
use the reference numbers next to the bolded categories to find the topics
you wish to find out more about).

*Contents:*

1.    *ACCEPS is OPEN*, Deadline is Feb. 10, 2014

2.    *Town Square* is the hub for the majority of scheduled fighting
tournaments for heavy Armored Combat, Youth Combat and Rapier.

3.    *Medieval Village* gives you a unique opportunity to converse with
artisans and craftsman as they ply their trades in the finest tradition of
living historians.

4.    *Known World Rapier* camp Members will put on demonstrations of Heavy
Rapier and Cut and Thrust Rapier throughout Estrella War.

5.    *Volunteers Needed* - Everyone working at the Estrella War, from the
main Event Coordinators to the person you see standing at the entrance
directing traffic, is an unpaid volunteer.

6.    *Host our EMTs *- The Keepers of the Estrella War EMTs ask your
assistance in showing our famous hospitality to the four gentlemen who keep
us safe during the week of War by provided them with Breakfast and/or
Dinner.

*********************************************************************************************1.*

*Pre-registration for Estrella War XXX* *is OPEN* but it will CLOSE on
February 10, 2014. So do not wait get pre-registered today at:
http://acceps.ansteorra.org/EW2014/ew_event_main.php

*The advantages to pre-registration will include the $15 savings as well as
the ability to come in on Tuesday (General Admission does not open until
Wednesday) and guaranteed camping space for each pre-registered person.*

For more information on Preregistration visit www.estrellawar.org.

We look forward to seeing you at the War!

Pre-Registration Staff

Preregistration at estrellawar.org

*2.*

*Town Square* is the hub for the majority of scheduled fighting tournaments
for heavy Armored Combat, Youth Combat and Rapier. See Special
Events<http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/special-events/>for
dates and
times.

 Our *Town Square* will offer you:
Merchant’s Row <http://new.estrellawar.org/merchants/>

Stroll the Merchant’s Row, with all the fantastic things to do at war
shopping sits among the top the list. Nothing is more delightful that to
peruse the many varied wares offered by welcoming and knowledgeable
merchants. *Saturday, March 1st, 2014 is early Moonlight Madness, starting
at 7PM*.
Have a seat and linger over a shared meal under huge shade pavilions,
Merchants Row offers a dizzying array of food Vendors. Main, side, and
sweet dishes for every pallet and whim await you.
Special Events <http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/special-events/>

Lazily sit and socialize over a period board game. If you are feeling
energetic, step up your game and bat about a shuttlecock, partake in a game
or Bocci or Croquet (games and equipment can be checked out at Town Square).
Three Artisan Showcases awaits one and all from the known world; the
Traditional, Laurel’s, and new in 2014, Fiftieth challenge. Bring your best
for bragging rights and mentoring purposes. Brewing Competitions and
Brewers Tasting, and a plethora of other entertaining and novel events are
in store for you.
Get your game on! For you ladies who like to pit your size, strength, speed
and skills against one another, a rousing game of Helga Ball. Que Loo Loo
(The wolf’s tail) is a delightful game of tag for children, and Barres
(Prisoner’s base) is likened to capture the flag but with prisoners
instead. See the games section of Special Events for details.
In the cool of the evening Estrella War dresses up and everyone comes to
the Town Square for the grandiose parties, the biggest of these is the
Masked Revel with and contests of dalliance and flirtation, entertainment
and the splendor of the Grandest Courts of the land.
Help Points

Town Square also, for your conveniences hosts all of the traditional
services you have come to rely on; Herald’s
Point<http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/help-points/heralds-point/>,
Chirurgeon’s Point<http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/help-points/chirurgeons/>,
Merchants, Special Events & the
Mains<http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/help-points/merchants-autocrats>
(which
are all under one roof at Mains Steward’s Point) and The
Watch<http://new.estrellawar.org/town-square/help-points/the-watch/>
.

*3.*

*The Medieval Village* is located in Town Square. Folks camped here share a
deep love of the Middle Ages and strive to be as authentic as possible. The
idea of this camp is that we are creating a set for a play where we are
also the actors. Those of us who camp in the village do not insist
everything be absolutely medieval, but our philosophy is: the closer we can
get to that goal the more impressive the effect will be, and the more we
will learn about daily life in the Middle Ages.
Requirements for camping in the Medieval Village are:

·      Keep modern obvious modern and activities out of sight. For example,
no cans or modern bottles, no visible portable stereos, no modern clothing
(except when setting up or breaking down), no visible modern camping
equipment etc.

·      Background noise should help create a medieval feel. For example,
music (from your hidden stereo) should be medieval and at a low-volume to
create an ambient medieval atmosphere for the camp.

·      We encourage people to play medieval musical instruments or tell
medieval stories, but please keep any conversations about modern subjects
low, so that adjoining tents don’t hear them.

This year the period arts and sciences demonstrations will be conducted
within the Medieval Village. Giving you a unique opportunity to converse
with artisans and craftsman as they ply their trades in the finest
tradition of living historians. Your Estrella War experience won’t be
complete if you don’t stop by and visit for a while.
Ring out the bells! The Medieval Village will once again have a clock
tower, gently heralding in each hour.

Again this year, we will be posting a large map at or near the period
encampment area. If you are not camping in the Medieval Village but have a
period encampment of your own and wish to have the public visit your camp,
you can mark your location on this map to let everyone know where you are.

For more information about the Medieval Village and to request camping
space there please to contact the Village
Coordinator<http://new.estrellawar.org/staff/> who
will be happy to answer any questions.

*4.*

*The Knowne World Rapier Camp*

Be it known to all that the second Knowne World Rapier Camp at Estrella War
will be emplaced at Estrella War XXX. The Knowne World Rapier Camp will be
on the road directly across from the Town Square and next to Atenveldt
Royal Encampment.

Rapier Camps have their roots in historical traveling fight shows across
Europe in the Medieval and Renaissance periods. These fight shows would be
set up inside cities or on the edges of towns to put on contests of skill
at arms.

Rapier Fighters from not only the Kingdom of Atenveldt but the Kingdoms and
Principalities from across the Knowne World will gather to enjoy
camaraderie and share stories of the day, the past, and naturally to test
each other’s skills in the Rapier Eric. Members of the Camp will put on
demonstrations of Heavy Rapier and Cut and Thrust Rapier throughout
Estrella War.

The Knowne World Rapier Camp will:

·      Put on Heavy Rapier Demonstrations and classes

·      Put on Cut & Thrust Demonstrations and classes

·      Host a variety of tournaments in the Camp’s eric, including the
Second Estrella War Gun simulator (RBG) target shoot among others

The best part is that YOU, the campers, put all of these classes and demos
on. The eric will be open from sun up to long after sun down for all to
use. Come share stories, ask questions, watch or even join in the combat,
as the Rapier Eric will be easily visible along the road.

Come share stories, ask questions, watch or even join in the combat, as the
Rapier eric will be easily visible along the path. For questions please
contact: TakaGo (Lord Koga Takashiro Kagehiro, Rapier Camp
Steward)<kokushokunoha at gmail.com>
.

*5.*

*Volunteers Needed*

Everyone working at the Estrella War, from the main Event Coordinators to
the person you see standing at the entrance directing traffic, is an unpaid
volunteer. They work to make the Estrella War happen for many reasons.

·      It’s fun to interact with people from all over the SCA world! We
have people from as far as Sweden and Germany attend, so come meet them all!

·      You can make new, lasting friendships! There’s nothing like the
bonding that happens when people work together.

·      You get a front row seat for lots of things! Field supporters and
marshals get an “up close” view of the heavy combat, rapier, and youth
combat.

Working makes you eligible for gifts given in a Volunteer Raffle! Each
year, the generous merchants in Merchant’s
Row<http://new.estrellawar.org/merchants/>donate gifts to be given to
people who volunteer at Estrella War. When you
complete your volunteer hours, you are given Raffle Voucher(s) for the
hours and area where you worked, and asked to take those Vouchers to
Volunteer Point to receive Raffle Tickets. The number of tickets you
receive is based on the number of hours worked. Raffles are then held to
randomly select people who have volunteered at the event to receive the
wonderful items donated by the Estrella War merchants. See the Gatebook for
the time and place that Volunteer Raffles will be held.

*6.*

*Hosting our EMT’s for Breakfast or Dinner*

It is that time of year again when the Keepers of the Estrella War EMTs ask
your assistance in showing our famous hospitality to the four gentlemen who
keep us safe during the week of Estrella War.  If your Kingdom, Barony, or
Household would be willing host our EMTs for either breakfast or dinner
during the week, please contact Lady Rowan at rowanbeth13 at yahoo.com with
the following information:

Meal Time (Breakfast or Dinner)

Date you wish to host

Approximate Meal Time

Approximate Camping Location (Please list your Kingdom, Barony and
Household name so that we can find you at the actual War)

Contact Name/s (Mundane and SCA)

If you will have a phone available on site, a phone number

Please note that depending on the day, there will be 4 men to
accommodate.  These
four gentlemen are celebrating their 8th year of service with us and one of
the greatest times they have at our event is sharing meals with the
multiple households from all of the different Kingdoms.  We thank you in
advance for your assistance in helping host our guests and we look forward
to hearing from everyone!

Yours In Service,

Baroness Natalia and Lady Rowan

If you are hosting an activity or special event for Estrella War XXX and
would like it to be promoted please send it to
Mains2014 at estrellawar.organd CC it to
promotions at estrellawar.org.

In Service,

Arianna Marie della Luna, Baroness of the Court

Estrella War XXX Promotions