[Ansteorra] Join the Barony of the Stargate as we celebrate Yule with a Venetian Carnivale on Saturday, December 7th!

Alisone McCay alisone.maccay at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 05:13:21 PST 2013

The Barony of the Stargate invites one and all to join us in celebrating the
Yuletide season with a Carnivale in Venice!

The festivities begin (gate opens) at 9 am on Saturday December 7, 2013 at
St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, 1656 Blalock Rd, Houston, TX.

We highly encourage all to come dressed to enjoy this splendid event.  Masks
are highly encouraged since this is Carnivale!

Join us for fun activities, rousing competition, and the chance to help make
Christmas a little better for some kids who are less fortunate than so many
of us.

As usual, Their Excellencies will be choosing their new Arts & Sciences and
Bardic Champions, so bring your best creative efforts and inspiring songs
and stories!

If you are interested in the bardic arts, or maybe preparing for the
upcoming Eisteddfod, there will be a Bardic College held concurrently with
the event. So join in to polish your skills or learn something new!

If you're a fighter, bring your gear, because there will be rapier and
chivalric fighting for fun and for charity, as we will be doing a Toys for
Tots Tourney again this year.

And don't forget to bring new, unwrapped toys for the toy drive, and enter
the raffle to win this year's awesome prize!

Show off your creative talents in the contests for Best Use of a Period
Boat, Best Costume/Mask, and Best Table Decoration.

And of course you won't want to miss the amazing period Italian feast, which
will feature unique entertainments fit for Venetian revelers!

And that's not all - for more information, visit Stargate's website
(stargate.ansteorra.org/Yule2013.shtml) or Facebook page.

Note: Beer and wine only, and in period containers please.   Only service
animals allowed.