[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Survey of Scribes and Illuminators

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Oct 15 23:04:36 PDT 2013

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013, Jasper <captain_jasperc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I clicked on the link for the survey but it appears not to be
> working correctly and gives me an error..URL not found..

Might it be that your clicking/the hyperlink is including the asterisk
at the end?  That is, when I paste

http://tinyurl.com/scribalsurvey

into the address box in my browser, a survey comes up for me.

Whenever I provide a URL, I make sure that there's whitespace on both
ends, just to prevent this sort of bleedthru, even if in normal
English a space looks wrong there.  For example, I'd refer to
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/ , even though a space would not
normally go before a comma like that.  (Or I rewrite the sentence so
that there's normal whitespace on each side.)

And, of course, when I see a URL I want to follow, I try to only
copy/use the characters that look like URL characters.

Daniel Lindonium
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com