[Ansteorra] Rapiers & Romance

Tamara Sorcha Taylor ttaylor6256 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:10:46 PDT 2013

Perhaps you missed it, but Rapiers & Romance happened this past weekend in
Brad Leah. For what had been initially planned as a *small* event, I'd like
to say that the Event Stewards were both pleasantly surprised and properly
terrified at the turnout.

Much thanks to her Majesty and Her Highness, Gwen verch Cynwrig de Ynys Mon
and Nicollet Deuville for venturing into the North to visit our little
Shire! We were thrilled to play Host to the Beauties of Ansteorra.

I'd like to thank my co-Steward, Lady Colette for her help....even if she
thinks she didn't do much. Sister, you worked your butt off this weekend,
and were a rock for me to lean on when I needed one. Thank you for allowing
yourself to be volun-told you were getting the job.

I'd also like to thank the beautiful ladies, Baroness Catriona from Namron
and Her Grace, Amelot Lisette for being our Queens of England and France,
respectively. Without you, the event would have been much less magical.

This event was one that I wanted to make a point of. It never would have
gone off the way it did without the help of everyone involved. It wasn't
just Brad Leah that made this weekend work. It was the Kingdom. This event
was a success because of those who stepped up and volunteered. From
Waterbearing to Marshaling, Archery, Dance, and MOC duties.....we had
populace from all over the Kingdom step up and say, "I can do that", and do
it they did. I'd like to thank those who volunteered this past weekend,
from the bottom of me heart. You have no idea how much your little effort
meant to me this weekend.

And lastly, I'd like to thank those of you who came to me personally this
past weekend and offered your support and condolences on the loss of my
Mother this past Friday. Yes, I realize many of you wanted to beat me and
send me home, not see me trying to run an event, but I had to stay busy or
I'd have been a total wreck. I want you to know that your offers of support
and your condolences mean more to me than mere words can express. I had the
love and support of my family this past weekend. Both blood and SCA, and it
lightened my heart during a dark time.

Rapiers & Romance was a success this past weekend because of all of those
who attended had love to spare. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of
that.

Lady Sorcha McCullogh
Event Steward