[Ansteorra] Thanks

Clint Gallon cgallon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 07:58:17 PDT 2013

Now that I had a few minutes last evening, I wish to extend heartfelt
thanks to the many people who assisted with my Vigil.

My Man at Arms, Finnegan ... for making the beer and serving it Saturday night
out of your new portable bar, hauling a very large trailer of stuff to and
from the event site, and massive amounts of set up and tear down.

Master Caelin ... for traveling over 8 hours round trip to cook. It was a
huge weight off my lady's back to NOT have to cook for once.

Their Graces, Conal and Miguel ... for walking with me on the path,
offering your words of wisdom and helping Genevieve get the vigil tent
squared away.

Mistress Serephina ... for the all the beautiful items you contributed to
the vigil tent and the flowers for my lady.

Sior Tomas ... for your help and coming all that way to lend words and your
support much like you have done throughout this journey.

Baroness Rixende ... for all your planning and effort before the vigil.
Even many miles, away at another event, your help and support got us
through the day.

Baron Alejandro ... for the prie-deiu. It was gorgeous and I will treasure
this gift of skill for years to come.

Baroness Claire ... for the loan of all the beautiful alter items.  It
helped to make the tent beautiful and meaningful place.

Baron Godwin ... for your help during the vigil and words of council.

Lady Catrina ...  for the loan of the tables used for the vigil.

Hans ... for coming all that way to help me, to have fun, and for waiting
until the very end of the vigil to give your wisdom.  Newcomers to our
dream have important stories and opinions to share, just like people who
have been playing for 40 years, and I will be better for hearing your words
and taking them to heart.

Lady Runa ... for the addition of your kitchen sink bread.  It was hearty
and delicious.

Lady Moira ... for the wonderful mini cupcakes.  People were still raving
about them the next day.

My brothers in arms, Centurion Deitrich, Lord Eber, Centurion Geoffry, and
Centurion Ian ... for standing guard at my vigil tent.

Master Alden, for standing guard until the very end and your talent of
song; your music lifted my heart and spirit.

Their Majesties Lochlan and Gwen ... for walking this path with me for so
long.  Gently pushing me when needed, but mostly encouraging with a smile.

Everyone who came to the Vigil and gave your wisdom I thank you. Those who
waited outside until it was considerably later than you expected. Thank you
for being there. I truly hope you enjoyed the party.

Those who wanted to be there but just couldn't because life gets in the way
sometimes. You were missed, but your thoughts and good wishes were still
felt from many miles away.

Finally and most importantly ... to my fiancee  Genevieve. Thank you for
going to such great lengths to ensure I had great vigil and our guests had
plenty to eat and drink. Without all your help, planning, and coordinating
I just wouldn't even be here. Thank you. I love you.

In Service to Ansteorra, I remain,

Cathal Finn O’Briain, CSS
--
What man is a man who does not make the world better. - Balian of Ibelin