[Ansteorra] The Book of Faces a tool of the Current Middle Ages

Scot Eddy mister_eddy2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 21:12:46 PDT 2013

There are several great ideas here.

Thank you lord Stephan!

Juan Carlos

________________________________
 From: Stephan <stephan at hellsgatearts.org>
To: "ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org" <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:06 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra] The Book of Faces a tool of the Current Middle Ages

Greeting unto the list and all whom cast their eyes upon this missive,

Having read several feeds from even more sources as to recruitment and retention, I would like to chime in on an observation of just one strata "facebook". I have noticed and seen the use of groups public, private, and some secret. In these groups there is all manner of discussion both good, bad, and neutral. But I feel, that the vast majority of your groups are missing out on a grand tool that is a "page".  Groups are fine for commentary.

However' lets look at a page shall we? I operate, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stronghold-of-Hellsgate/119572114751198

Now using only Power point, I made a cover photo, ads, and cover photos for page events. I create events on the page for socials, populace, A&S night, practices and basically anything our group does. I then invite everyone of our group to join. When they click join it show up on their news feed, and any of their friends and their friends, friends can see that they are attending something and go "Gee, what is that" and click and maybe perhaps ask about it. (believe me this has happened more than once already for us) Currently, we have people liking the page as far away as India!

The other nice thing if you search on facebook for "free things to do in (Insert the name of your city or area code), I can almost guarantee you there will be a page sharing free and low cost thins for people to do in your area. These pages often have thousands of followers and will share your pages post for you if you ask or will allow you to post on theirs. For example, I share ours with https://www.facebook.com/thingstodointhe254?ref=hl

This puts our facebook event ads in front of roughly 8000 people who like that page and get feeds from it in their news feed. Free advertising folks just a few minutes  here and there.

I know social media has issues that bring mixed emotions, but there is so much good you can do with it, I hope you embrace it.

In service of the dream,
Ld. Stephan Wilhelm Steger